"I try to advocate and make space for the black community and for disabled people — just those small considerations. There are so many communities among us, and so many people that have done such incredible things that even little things, like that transcript up there, can make the world of difference to somebody who can't tell or is unable to hear Australian accents, for example."
IRL and virtual audiences have an improved user experience when they can better understand the message being conveyed, especially in situations where the audio quality is poor, the speaker has an accent, or the content contains complex terminology.
Allowing viewers to consume content at a speed and language they understand supports accessibility, inclusivity, and even enhances SEO and discoverability. Captions can be produced using AI or human captioners and are used for the following scenarios:
• Generate and display captions for an in-room audience.
• Customize appearance of captions on projectors and monitors.
• Broadcast captions alongside content shared by presenters.
• Translate captions into 40 languages for bidirectional speech translation, and 60 languages for text translation.
• Transmit captions to online attendees.
• Capture and manage live captions to enhance the on-demand viewing experience.
A large Expo Hall with bad acoustics can create a number of problems.
Below are accessibility features you can add to improve audience experience.
When listening is a challenge, screen captions allow attendees to follow along and digest content with ease.
AI can help speed up transcription. Use AI to sync captions to speakers and track close to real time, allowing the audience to keep up and diminishing latency in online viewing.
This video demonstrates the speed at which the AI is tracking with the presenters.
Additional Accessibility Options
• Attendees can view the live transcription, or review it later on-demand.
• The slide deck can be viewed.
• Transcription can be translated live using AI.
• Session audio can be streamed along with the transcription.
• Interpretation audio for multiple languages can be streamed, allowing attendees to select preferred language